Senior Solidworks Mechanical EngineerReporting to the CEO
Sonexos SA, a Lausanne-based globally-focused audio technology company, is seeking an experienced Senior Solidworks Mechanical Engineer to join our team on a contract basis. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the mechanical engineering, Solidworks modelling, prototyping, and design-for-production of a ground-breaking plasma-based sound transducer.
The ideal candidate should be located in Europe, be fluent in English, and have significant experience in material selection, Solidworks modelling, tooling, and design for high-volume manufacturing, particularly in the Far East.
- Oversee and guide the mechanical design process for an innovative plasma-based sound transducer.
- Utilise SolidWorks to create detailed design specifications, encompassing both 3D models and 2D technical drawings.
- Select materials strategically, considering performance, cost-efficiency, and manufacturability.
- Initiate and oversee the development of prototypes, coordinating with the fabrication team for realisation.
- Collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams, including electrical engineers and manufacturing specialists.
- Assess and optimise design solutions for high-volume manufacturing feasibility, with a focus on operations in the Far East.
- Coordinate with external vendors and suppliers for parts and services.
- Ensure designs adhere to relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain meticulous records of design modifications, upholding stringent version control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical design engineering.
- Proficient in Solidworks, with a strong portfolio of previous work to demonstrate expertise.
- Extensive experience in using SolidWorks for complex consumer and industrial engineering designs, including 3D modelling, simulation, and drafting.
- A history of successfully designing, developing, and implementing mechanical systems and components. This includes conceptualisation, detailed design, prototyping, testing, and final production.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex engineering challenges, often involving innovative solutions and optimisations.
- Experience in working collaboratively with other departments, including hardware and acoustics, manufacturing, quality assurance, and sales, to ensure the design meets all requirements.
- In-depth experience in conducting simulations and stress analysis to ensure designs meet required specifications and quality standards.
- Proficient in creating detailed documentation, including design specifications, reports, and technical manuals.
- Experience in interacting with clients or customers to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions.
- A self-starter and independent problem solver driven to produce high-quality outcomes.
- Takes independent action to start projects or introduce new ideas or solutions without external prompts or supervision.
- Possesses the ability to analyse complex problems, identify core issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Committed to excellence, ensuring that all work meets or exceeds high quality standards.
- Skilled at utilising available resources effectively and finding ways to overcome obstacles.
- Effective at communicating complex technical information in a clear manner.
- Exhibits a strong drive and intrinsic motivation to complete tasks and achieve goals without external incentives.