Senior Plasma Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Plasma Engineer with specialised expertise in Cold Atmospheric Plasma (CAP) technology, particularly in its production through high-voltage electrical means. The ideal candidate should possess a robust background in physics and practical experience in applying plasma technology to innovative products across sectors such as medical, industrial, or consumer devices.
This role is critical in advancing the Company’s leadership in plasma-based active sound absorption and noise reduction technologies. The position offers a unique opportunity to lead in the pioneering field of plasma-based sound technology, significantly contributing to the Company’s growth and innovation in electroacoustics.
- Conduct research to strengthen the Company’s understanding of Cold Atmospheric Plasma applications in sound technology.
- Support the Company’s development and manufacturing of plasma-acoustic transducers.
- Engage in detailed modelling to predict the behaviour of the Company’s plasma-acoustic transducers.
- Analyse and select key components of the Company’s plasma-acoustic transducers.
- Contribute to the development of electrical driving means for the Company’s plasma-acoustic transducers.
- Analyse, and where necessary, develop strategies to mitigate undesirable by-products or species of plasma production.
- Collaborate closely with the Company’s electroacoustic engineers to integrate plasma-acoustic transducers into advanced noise reduction and sound absorption systems.
- Contribute to the Company’s understanding and adherence of relevant industry standards and safety regulations.
- A degree in Plasma Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Cold Atmospheric Plasma production and applications.
- Proven expertise in the generation and manipulation of atmospheric cold plasma, especially via electrical methods.
- Familiarity with the use of atmospheric cold plasma technology in commercial products or in scientific research.
- Proficiency in modelling applications applying plasma technology using relevant simulation software, such as COMSOL and Matlab.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in plasma technology, electrical engineering, or a closely related field.
- Proven expertise in the design and implementation of Cold Atmospheric Plasma technology for applications such as air and water purification, medical devices, OLED display systems, food safety, packaging, or materials processing.
- Demonstrated participation in the product development lifecycle, from initial concept through to mass production, with a particular focus on the integration of Cold Atmospheric Plasma technology.
- A strong track record of working effectively within cross-functional teams, with an emphasis on the incorporation of complex technologies into product designs.
- Innovative thinker with a strong ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities, capable of working effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Commitment to continuous learning and staying abreast of the latest advancements in plasma technology and its applications.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering quality and precision in all work aspects.